Staff Physiatrist; Director of Consultation Physiatry Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital and Mass General Hospital
Acute Care Physiatry - Mass General Hospital Consultation Services at Spaulding North End
Clinical and Research Interests: Neurotrauma Rehabilitation Early Rehab care and transitions Rehabilitation and Parkinson's Disease
1993 BA, Anthropology, University of Vermont
1996 Premedical Diploma, Harvard University
2002 MD, University of Vermont College of Medicine
Intern - Mount Auburn Hospital/Care Group
Resident - Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital
Chief Resident - SRH/ Partners Healthcare
1. Wagner AK, Fabio A, Puccio AM, Hirschberg RE, Li W, Zafonte RD, Marion DW. Gender associations with cerebrospinal fluid glutamate and lactate/pyruvate levels after severe traumatic brain injury. Critical Care Medicine. 2005 Feb;33(2):407-13.
2. Borg-Stein J Mostoufi SA, Hirschberg RE. Chronic Pectoral Pain following Medial Pectoral Nerve Injury: A Case Report. J Back Musc Rehab 2006; 19(1): 7-11.
3. Hirschberg RE, Weiss D, Zafonte RD. Traumatic Brain Injury And Gender: What Is Known And What Is Not. Future Neurol. 2008;3(4):483-489.
4. de Moya MA, del Carmen MG, Allain RM, Hirschberg RE, Shepard JA, Kradin RL. Case records of the Massachusetts General Hospital. Case 33-2009. A 35-year-old woman with fever, abdominal pain, and hypotension after cesarean section. N Engl J Med. 2009 Oct 22;361(17):1689-97.
5. Brenner LA, Carlson NE, Harrison-Felix C, Ashman T, Hammond FM, Hirschberg RE. Self-inflicted traumatic brain injury: Characteristics and outcomes. Brain Inj. 2009 Dec;23(13-14):991-8.
I want to thank you for the care and therapy you have given to me. I have come a long way since I first came to Spaulding. I know I will miss my nurses and therapists. I look leaving Spaulding as a step closer to Graduation Day - the day I can go home. Again, thanks for all your help.